Fittleworth Stores is run by our Co-Managers Alison and Toni and small core team of paid staff, supported by our team of wonderful volunteers. We are always looking to welcome new members to our team of volunteers. Can you spare some time to help? We are looking to build up our volunteer numbers once again. Please do think about whether you can spare a little time to volunteer for us – we could not operate without our volunteers.
- Most of our standard volunteering slots during opening hours are 2.5 hours, although we have shorter shifts available at the beginning and end of the day. Lots of our volunteers have a regular weekly slot but others prefer to sign up as ad hoc volunteers – offering their time as and when they can
- Volunteering will fit around your other commitments. You let us know what time slots would suit you best to volunteer
- You don’t need to worry if you can’t make your shift one week. We will sort it all out for you! If you can’t make a shift because you are ill, have other commitments or are away on holiday you don’t need to find a replacement for your shift – you just let us know and we will do the rest
- It’s fun! The most important task is being friendly and welcoming to our customers and visitors. We provide you with full training
- You won’t be left on your own. One of the paid staff team will be in charge and volunteers won’t be left on their own without supervision
- Not too keen on dealing with all those tricky customers? There are plenty of other roles you could volunteer for behind the scenes. How about helping with the washing up or putting stock out? Or a little light gardening sweeping our terraces and deadheading the planters? Or driving customers to the shop who don’t have their own transport? Get in touch if you would like a non customer facing role and we can discuss what would suit you.
The attached information sheet provides more information about volunteering.
If you would like to volunteer please fill in the application form below and pop it into the shop.